Full Caf Americano®
I know, I know. Even I get her mixed up with Chris Hayes. Rachel is the… um, athletic-looking one at MSNBC.
In an interview posted on the YouTube page owned by the filmmakers of last September’s documentary “The Muslims Are Coming” on Monday, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow targeted conservative Ann Coulter and radio host and so-called evangelist Bryan Fischer.
Maddow was critical of Fischer and likened him to Coulter, author of “Never Trust a Liberal Over 3-Especially a Republican,” who Maddow insisted wasn’t to be taken seriously as a political player or a pundit, but instead just a comedian.
“[A]nn Coulter was revealed not as a political player or even as a pundit, but essentially as a comedian,” Maddow explained. “She is a conservative comedian. That’s what all her books and all of her appearances are now. Right – that’s a form of performance art.”
What Rachel is trying to say here, obviously, is that Ann Coulter makes people laugh. Which isn’t quite the same thing as being a comedian.
It was an honest mistake.
But let’s not get satirical political commentary mixed up with performance art, which even unfunny anchors at MSNBC are so oft prone to do.
“THANK YOU!” [Coulter] wrote. “Spouting off political opinions is easy — comedy is hard. Offering political opinions is especially easy when you make up stuff the way Rachel does, such as (short list):
1) The bridge in Minnesota collapsed because of Republican spending cuts. (A year-long government investigation determined it was a design flaw.)
2) A census taker was murdered by right-wing anti-government types. (Another lengthy investigation established that he killed himself for the insurance money.)
3) Jamie Leigh Jones was gang-raped in Iraq. (The alleged victim — who by the age of 20 had already accused three men of rape — eventually admitted it was just one man, and the jury in her civil case concluded Jones was lying.)
4) Gun rights activists holding a rally on the anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord were, in fact, celebrating the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.
5) Elizabeth Warren is a Native American.”
Now, see, that wasn’t a bit funny. That was a sometimes very funny but serious as a heart attack political commentator seriously pointing out the difference between political commentary and mindless ideological rhetoric.
Okay, number 5) was funny, but that wasn’t comedy; that was just Coulter pointing out stupidity on Maddow’s part. Even my cheekbones are more Cherokee than Elizabeth Warren’s. And I’m 1/120 Choctaw!
Now that Keith Olbermann has proven he knows nothing about sports, he’d probably like to come back.
Okay, forget I said anything.
I was just trying to be funny.
Reblogged by our Bud @That Mr. G Guy. Thanks Mike!
The Other McCain
Domestic Geek Girl
That Mr. G Guy
Defy the Narrative
Chelsea Clinton loves coffee/is contemplating a career in politics — More from Bill and Hilly’s semi-beautiful daughter.
Politics. Culture. Hot Chicks.
American Patriot's Reality Check
News you need to know to stay informed
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" - Richard Feynman
Est. 2010 - "Dishonest, diversionary and pompous..."
If You're Left, You Just Ain't Right
Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits - Contact Info: TheLastRefuge@reagan.com
Just another WordPress.com weblog
Mike's views on politics and the world in general