Full Caf Americano®
UPDATED – If you are like a lot of working (or not) Americans in Obama’s dazzling economic “recovery,” you are probably wondering what happened to your paid vacation, right along with your 40-hour workweek.
Establishment Republicans in Congress are always quick to point out that Presidents deserve their vacations, more than likely because they don’t want anyone turning the light on their massive perks packages.
HONOLULU – President Barack Obama and his family just spent their Christmas and New Year’s holidays in Kailua. Now it’s time for taxpayers to pick up the tab.
While the Obamas and friends who accompany them pay for their own private vacation home rentals on or near Kailua Beach, taxpayers foot a multimillion dollar tab for everything from a stand-by ambulance to the fuel for Air Force One.
Right. How many friends and neighbors did you bring along on your Christmas vacation this year? Do we really believe the government didn’t pick up the tabs on some very expensive dining and spa-ing?
The article has way too much information to list it all in one post, but here are some highlights our deadbeat Chief Executive racked up on his latest self-pampering fling.
– HPD spent $277,000 on overtime costs this year during the president’s 16-day vacation.
– Secret Service agents, Navy SEALs and Coast Guard officials also rent private homes along the canal near the president in Kailua at a cost of $250 per room per night, according to several residents renting their homes. Note: Our brave Navy SEALs probably aren’t complaining about this duty, after Obama’s White House outed them for killing UBL
– Flight cost unknown— Flights to and from Honolulu for the December 2013-January 2014 Christmas vacation totaled… $7,781,361.30 Figure in inflation…
– USAF C-17 cargo aircraft that transports presidential limos, helicopters and other support equipment to Hawaii; $12,000 per hour
– Presidential helicopter, with pilots and support crews, which travel on another C-17 flight; $258,000, not including costs for four-to-six-member crew’s per diem and hotel
– Unknown: Cost of incidentals: bar stock, foods, surfboards, other playthings for the First Family
– Other Unknown Costs: Cars for staff and advance teams; 24-hour marine (police, Coast Guard, Secret Service, etc) security around the villa; room and per diem for more than—and this is just a conservative guesstimate—1,000 government employees (GS-10 and above?) [read more here]
That’s everything but the Hula girls to provide navels for Barry and Mooch to drink Champaign from. The grapes were undoubtedly extra.
Evil Blogger Lady
The Right Scoop
Mr. G Guy
American Patriot's Reality Check
News you need to know to stay informed
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" - Richard Feynman
Est. 2010 - "Dishonest, diversionary and pompous..."
If You're Left, You Just Ain't Right
Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits - Contact Info: TheLastRefuge@reagan.com
Just another WordPress.com weblog
Mike's views on politics and the world in general